You love your apartment in Oakland, but you have been looking for ways to add things that make you remind you of home. Whether it is scents, light, textures, or rugs … it is easy to bring them into your own apartment and make it feel warm, cozy and comfortable.
Here are some great ways to add warmth and comfort to your Orion Oakland apartment.
- Use floor and table lamps instead of harsh overhead lighting.
- Use plush area rugs to warm your feet and add style to your apartment.
- Light candles for no reason but remember to blow them out.
- Hang art or photos of friends and family.
- Bring the outdoors in with easy to grow houseplants. (If you do not have a green thumb, there are some great faux plants available.
- Replace your bedding with luxurious and warm bedding.
- Add a thick and cozy rug by the side of your bed so you will feel warm and cozy from the moment you wake up.
- Display important mementos close by, placed on your dresser or shelving.
- Replace old or dingy towels for new oversized fluffy ones.
- Add bath mats to keep your feet from getting cold after you come out of the shower.
- Ask a relative for the recipe to one of your favorite childhood dishes.
- Bake cookies (store-bought dough is fine!) and display them on your counter.
- Wipe down your countertops with a good-smelling cleaning product.
- Brew coffee in the morning and let the cozy aroma ease you into your day.
- Add layers of pillows in warm, soothing colors like red, orange, or caramel.
- Invest in a few throw blankets for your sofa and living room.
- Bring in some wood elements like a wood table or shelf.
In no time your Oakland apartment will feel warm, inviting and cozy.